Duende NativeSSL console grade processing for your DAW.
Free Cross Grade
About Duende Native 'Cross Grades' and 'Migrations'
It is easy to see that a customer who has invested in a Duende hardware unit or Codemeter protected Duende Native plug-ins might want to continue to benefit from ongoing support and development of new Duende plug-ins. In recognition of this SSL is offering every registered Duende hardware owner a free 'Cross Grade' to Duende Native and the iLok copy protection system, or alternatively a free 'Migration' from V4 (Codemeter) to V5 (ilok 2) protected Native software versions. This web page describes the terms and conditions for eligibility to a free Cross Grade or Migration and describes what we are offering. How to go about applying for a Cross Grade or Migration is described here.
Note that SSL will withdraw all support for Codemeter (virtual or dongle) protected Duende Native plug-ins from 1st January 2015. Although Codemeter protected plug-ins will continue to function beyond this date SSL will not be able to issue replacement licenses in the event of license loss or failure. In the event of Codemeter licence failure beyond January 2015, Migration to the iLok 2 copy protection system will be the only available course of action. Owners of Codemeter hardware dongles are offered a compensation packaged as described here.
Duende Native free Cross Grades are subject to these eligibility conditions;
- If your Duende hardware unit was registered in your Profile at the SSL web site on or before 1st November 2010 you are eligible to claim free Duende Native Licences equivalent to any Duende plug-ins you own for your Duende hardware unit
- If you register a Duende hardware unit which has not previously been registered at the SSL web site, you are eligible to claim free Duende Native Licences equivalent to any Duende plug-ins you own for your Duende hardware unit. There is no time limit on this
- If you own a unit with associated plug-ins which is registered to a user other than yourself you will not be able to re-register it and will not be eligible for a free Cross Grade. Please note that you can check if a Duende hardware unit has been cross-graded here
- If you have bought any of the optional plug-ins (Drumstrip, Vocalstrip, X-EQ, X-Comp, X-Verb, Bus Compressor for Duende Mini Upgrade) for any model of Duende hardware it will be eligible for a free Cross Grade to the Native versions.
Duende Native free Migrations are subject to these eligibility conditions;
If you have any Duende Native V4 authorisations in your user account you may migrate to V5 and claim Duende Native Licences equivalent to any Duende plug-ins you own which will be deposited in your iLok account
Duende Native free Cross Grades and Migrations are also subject to these additional conditions;
- By accepting the free Cross Grade offer you agree that SSL will no longer support any hardware unit you own
- By accepting the free Migration offer you agree that SSL will no longer support any CodeMeter-protected plug-ins you own
- If you sell your cross-graded Duende hardware unit, the new owner will not be able to register it, or be eligible for support or be eligible for a free Cross Grade or Migration
- If you have authorised Duende Native V4 plug-ins using the Codemeter USB dongle then these will continue to run "as is", but note that SSL will cease all Codemeter support before 31/12/14
- Each Duende hardware unit and all associated plug-ins will be Cross Graded as a 'bundle' in a single transaction. If the Duende Native plug-ins created as part of the Cross Grade are 'deactivated' at a later date they will all be deactivated as a bundle
- All Duende Native plug-ins when Migrated to V5 and iLok copy protection will also be in a single bundle on a single iLok authorisation
- When you Cross Grade a specific unit or Migrate set of Native plug-ins, you cross grade the unit and all plug-ins associated with it. You cannot Cross Grade individual plug-ins separately. NOTE that you do not have to install all of the Duende Native plug-ins; during the Duende Native installation process you can choose which individual Native plug-ins you wish to actually use
Who Gets What?
Subject to Eligibility and agreement to our Terms & Conditions a free ‘Cross Grade’ means;
- Duende Mini, Classic & PCIe hardware units include the ‘EQ & Dynamics Channel’ plug-in as standard so owners of all eligible units can claim a free ‘Duende Native Channel’ licence
- Duende Classic and Duende PCIe hardware units include the ‘Stereo Bus Compressor’ plug-in as standard so owners of all eligible units can claim a free ‘Duende Native Bus Compressor’ Licence
- Owners of optional plug-ins (Drumstrip, Vocalstrip, X-EQ, X-Comp, X-Verb, Bus Compressor for Duende Mini) for eligible units can claim a free Duende Native equivalent Licence
- If you bought one of our Studio or Expanded Packs and your unit is still eligible you can claim a Duende Native Licence for each of the plug-ins in your bundle
- If you own more than one Duende hardware unit, providing each individual unit is eligible you get a free Cross Grade for each unit. If you have multiple optional plug-ins registered (IE one for each hardware unit) you can claim a free Cross Grade for each registered instance of each optional plug-in. So if you own two PCIe units, with all 5 optional plug-ins registered for both units… and both units are eligible… you can claim two sets of equivalent Duende Native Licences
- In short; everybody who owns an eligible Duende unit gets an equivalent Duende Native plug-in pack 100% for free AND gets to keep their DSP Duende. Everybody who owns multiple eligible Duende units gets multiple plug-in packs
Where is the catch?
There isn't one. We have changed our copy protection system and think it is the right and proper thing to do to provide our existing customers with an opportunity to benefit from future development. You are not obliged to switch, you can carry on using your DSP Duende or the Codemeter protected Native plug-ins, but you deserve the choice. It also feels good to reward customer loyalty. This Is SSL. It's how we do things.
Duende Native 'Cross Grade' Frequently Asked Questions
Can I run demo versions of the Duende Native V5 plug-ins before I choose to Cross Grade?
Yes you can. Everybody can get a free 30 day demo licence for each Duende Native V5 Plug-in. This can be deposited onto your iLok account. Note however that when you choose to install the Native V5 version of a Duende plug-in that is already installed on your system, the Native V5 plug-in will overwrite the DSP or V4 versions. You can perform a system roll back easily though if you wish as described below. Demos are limited to one per iLok account.
Will the new Native plug-ins load into my old projects and recognise my saved settings?
Yes. The Duende Native V5 Plug-ins appear to your system as 'exactly' the same plug-ins as your DSP and V4 versions. your DAW sees your V5 plug-in as though it is your old DSP or V4 plug-in and loads the saved settings.
Can I use the Duende Native and Duende DSP versions of a plug-in at the same time?
The short answer is no you can't. but you can use different Duende Native and Duende DSP plug-ins alongside each other on a single system. When you run the Duende Native installer you are prompted to select which Native plug-ins you wish to install. If you choose to install the Native version of a Duende DSP plug-in that is already installed on your system the Native plug-in will overwrite the DSP version.
So can I run a hybrid system with some Duende Native and some Duende DSP plug-ins running side by side?
Yes you can. For users owning older, less powerful computers this may be a sensible approach to take. When you are installing Duende Native simply choose to only install the plug-ins you wish to run as Native versions.
So my Duende hardware will continue to work even after I have Cross Graded?
Yes it will. But as part of the Terms & Conditions of the Cross Grade you must agree that after the Cross Grade; you relinquish any warranty terms, your old hardware unit is not eligible for support or repairs, no new Upgrades or Plug Ins can be purchased for it and while you can keep the Unit for personal use, you will not give or sell the Unit to a 3rd party.
So my Duende Native V4 plug-ins will continue to work even after I have Migrated to Native V5?
Yes they will. But as part of the Terms & Conditions of the Migration you must agree that after the process; you relinquish any warranty terms, your old software is not eligible for support, no new Upgrades or Plug Ins can be purchased for it and while you can keep the plug-ins for personal use, you will not give or sell the plug-ins to a 3rd party.
When will support for Duende Native V4 using Codemeter copy protection end?
Your Duende Native V4 plug-ins will continue to work "as is" if you do not Migrate. However, SSL will be unable to support any Codemeter-authorised Duende Native plug-ins after 31/12/2014. We recommend that you Migrate to Native V5 before this date. Of course, your free Migration will still be available to redeem after this date.
Can I change my mind and go back to using my Duende DSP after going Native?
Yes you can. You would need to uninstall the Duende Native version and re-install the Duende DSP version. Note that the Duende DSP installer overwrites all of the plug-ins to perform a complete system roll back. If you then wish to re-run the Duende Native installer once again and select only the plug-ins you wish to run Natively you can.
So does that mean I can choose to only Cross Grade or Migrate some of my plug-ins?
No. When you Cross Grade or migrate you Cross Grade or Migrate the individual hardware unit and/or all plug-ins. Although you can then choose which of the Native plug-in versions to Install and Activate you must agree to Cross Grade or Migrate your unit and plug-ins as a bundle.
Can I move my Duende Native V5 plug-ins from one computer to another?
All licenses will be managed from your iLok License Manager.
How do I migrate my Codemeter licenses to iLok 2?
- If you already own Duende Native plug-ins using either the Codemeter Virtual Dongle or USB Dongle you can migrate them to iLok 2. In your SSL MY PRODUCTS page, press the arrow to the left of the migrate Duende Native to iLok text. If your SSL account is not already associated with your iLok account you should enter your iLok User ID here and validate the iLok account by pressing the Validate button. Once validated, the button will change to migrate all. Press this to carry out the migration.
- All Codemeter licenses will be migrated at once. It is not possible to migrate only some of your licenses. The migration may take a few minutes, but the system will inform you of the estimated time. After this time the licenses will be available for activation in your iLok account.The Codemeter licenses will disappear from your MY PRODUCTS page and be replaced by the equivalent iLok licenses for reference.
- You will find complete installation and Activation guidance in the User Guide here
How do I Crossgrade from Duende Hardware to iLok 2?
- If you are a registered owner of Duende Classic, PCI-e or Mini you can cross grade your plug-ins to Duende Native v5. Under MY PRODUCTS in your SSL Profile press Cross Grade next to the Duende Hardware plug-ins.
- If your SSL account is not already associated with your iLok account you should enter your iLok User ID here and validate the iLok account by pressing the Validate button. Once validated, the button label will change to 'Migrate all'. Press this to carry out the crossgrade.
- All plug-in licenses will be crossgraded at once. It is not possible to crossgrade only some of your licenses.
- The crossgrade may take a few minutes, but the system will inform you of the estimated time. After this time the licenses will be available for activation in your iLok account. The licenses will be shown in your MY PRODUCTS page for reference.
- You will find complete installation and Activation guidance in the User Guide here
Codemeter Dongle Compensation
As of 1st May 2014, to coincide with the migration of SSL's Duende Native Plug-in range from the Codemeter copy protection system to the iLok copy protection system, the Codemeter Dongle is no longer offered for sale by SSL and it is no longer possible to buy new plug-ins for use with the Codemeter Dongle.
iLok 2 is available for purchase from the SSL web store here.
There is a free migration program for registered Duende Native plug-in owners as described here and SSL strongly encourages all users to migrate.
If you own a Codemeter Dongle with Duende Native licences installed on it, the device and the plug-ins should continue to function. SSL will withdraw all support for the Codemeter system on 1st January 2015. Until that date if you experience problems with your Codemeter Dongle you can log a support enquiry via our FAQ system here.
In recognition of the financial investment made by SSL customers in the Codemeter Dongle for use with Duende Native, SSL is extending a compensatory offer to all those who purchased a Codemeter Dongle directly from SSL. There are two parts to the offer:
- A coupon code which gives a 50% price reduction on the cost of an iLok 2 from the SSL web store has been placed in the SSL online profile of all registered owners. To retrieve your Coupon Code(s) log in to your SSL user account and navigate to the 'My Coupons' page. To use the code place an iLok 2 into your basket, proceed to checkout and enter the Coupon Code in the appropriate field.
- SSL is also offering all those who purchased a Codemeter Dongle from SSL a free X-ValveComp or X-Saturator plug-in. To benefit from this offer eligible users should log in to their SSL use account and navigate to the 'My Coupons' page. If you are eligible you will see a field where you can enter your iLok 2 account name and use a menu to select which plug-in you want. The license will be placed directly into your iLok account. Please note that this offer applies only to Codemeter Dongles bought in the SSL online store as a stand alone item, it does not apply to those who purchased a Dongle with Pro-Convert or any other software.
Terms & Conditions
Codemeter Dongle owners who migrate to iLok will not be obliged to return their Codemeter Dongle and the licenses on it should continue to function. By migrating, users agree to keep the dongle for personal use (or discard it) and not to sell or give it to a third party. It will not be possible to re-register the Dongle at the SSL web site beyond 1st May 2014 and SSL will not support any plug-ins associated with migrated Codemeter Dongles.