Alpha-Link MX Scalable high performance DAW I/O for the pro project studio
Scalable high performance DAW I/O for the pro project studio
Alpha-Link MX is the first of a new generation of SSL A-D/D-A converters that deliver superior SSL audio quality in an affordable format for the serious project studio. The new generation SSL converters build on the reputation of the highly respected larger Alpha-Link SX and AX models which are used in leading commercial recording facilities across the world alongside SSL's AWS and Duality consoles. The Alpha-Link MX range consists of two different 1 U units that can be used individually or combined to create larger systems. Each unit features 64 channel digital audio I/O via Fibre Optic MADI In/Out connections which can be used to connect to any suitably equipped MADI device including SSL's own MadiXtreme, MX4 and Delta-Link computer audio interfaces, or to cascade multiple MX units. The 'Alpha-Link MX 16-4' has 16 analogue inputs and 4 analogue outputs, making it an ideal 16 channel capture device with 4 outputs for artist and studio monitoring. The 'Alpha-Link MX 4-16' has 4 analogue inputs and 16 analogue outputs, making it an ideal solution for 16 channel analogue summing with 4 channels of audio capture. Up to four MX units can be cascaded in any combination in a daisy chain. In this way systems with up to 80 analogue connections which are routable to a single 64 channel MADI In/Out connection can be created. MX units have a switchable reference level to enable matching with the rest of your studio system, with a range of settings between +24dB and +14dB. Alpha-Link MX units are configured via a set of simple, intuitive front panel controls with status indicator LED's providing clear status and level information.
Alpha-Link MX units are available bundled with an SSL MadiXtreme 64 Mac or PC audio interface to provide the perfect high quality low cost pro DAW I/O solution.
- High quality SSL A-D/D-A converter technology
- 64 channel Fibre Optic MADI digital audio In/Out
- Alpha-Link MX 16-4: 16 analogue In, 4 analogue Out (balanced)
- Alpha-Link MX 4-16: 4 analogue In, 16 analogue Out (balanced)
- Cascade up to 4 Units for up to 80 analogue connections
- 44.1 to 192kHz operation with varispeed up to ± 10%
- Switchable reference level with a range of settings between +24dB and +14dB
- Perfect Partner for SSL MadiXtreme, MX4 & Delta-Link interfaces
- Simple front panel setup controls
- Dedicated tri-colour signal activity LED's
- BNC Word Clock sync In/Out
- Rear panel analogue connection via standard 25 pin D-Sub