From ground-breaking audio consoles to innovative video production systems, Solid State Logic has evolved to become the world’s leading manufacturer of analogue and digital audio consoles and provider of creative tools for film, audio, video and broadcast professionals.
To assemble, test, repair and pack a variety of products and sub-assemblies in low to medium volumes in accordance with the company’s standards, procedures and specification. This is a hands on role that will require dexterity, technical knowledge and someone with a ‘get up and go, can do attitude’.
- To carry out mechanical assembly, wiring, testing and packing of high technology audio products.
- Assess content of kits with BOM.
- Repairing field returns within the Service level agreement.
- Logically analysing and solving problems.
- Contribute and suggest continuous improvement of manufacturing processes in order to improve quality, cost and delivery.
Knowledge and Skills
- Background in mechanical, wiring and PCB sub-assemblies – Assembly, Test and Repair.
- GCSE Grade C or above in Maths/English/Technology or 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Good rework skills both surface mount and through hole desirable.
- An interest in Technology, Electronics and Audio Mixing would be an advantage.
- Basic PC Application knowledge of Windows, Word and Excel/Google Sheets.
- Manufacturing and MPR knowledge would be an advantage
- Highly focused, self-motivated and proactive with the capability to work alone or in a team environment.
- Strong problem solving with a level of technical competence.
- Analytical, meticulous attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- Able to change focus and direction quickly upon request. Willing to do what it takes.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of the best practice manufacturing techniques would be an advantage.
Please apply for this position by sending a CV and brief covering letter to: email@example.com