From ground-breaking audio consoles to innovative video production systems, Solid State Logic has evolved to become the world’s leading manufacturer of analogue and digital audio consoles and provider of creative tools for film, audio, video and broadcast professionals.
A very varied position where no two days will be the same. You will be testing, diagnosing, repairing and reporting on digital/analogue sub-assemblies and consoles in accordance with the company’s standards and procedures to meet exacting customer specification. This position will be heavily digital based but strong analogue knowledge is also essential.
- Testing new sub-assemblies and consoles to a demanding schedule.
- Repairing field returns within the Service level agreement.
- Help to develop production test documentation and modify automated test solutions where required.
- Analyse test results, provide detailed reports and communicate possible solutions to QA and the Engineering team.
- Maintain accurate records of test activity in accordance with the appropriate reporting procedure.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and logically analyse problems.
Knowledge and Skills
- Graduate calibre engineer
- Background in PCB sub-assemblies – Test and Repair.
- Strong understanding of digital electronics essential, microprocessor based systems knowledge desirable.
- Good understanding of analogue electronic circuit theory.
- Good SMT rework skills desirable.
- An interest in Technology, Electronics and Audio Mixing would be an advantage.
- Basic PC Application knowledge like Windows, Word and Excel/Google Sheets.
- High level of technical competence coupled with strong problem solving skills.
- Highly focused, self-motivated and proactive with the capability to work alone or in a team environment.
- Understanding and ability to diagnose analogue/digital audio processing circuitry.
- Analytical, keen attention to detail and excellent communication skills. Willing to do what it takes.
- Able to change focus and direction quickly upon request.
- Knowledge of the best practice manufacturing techniques would be an advantage.
Please apply for this position by sending a CV and brief covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org