As part of the R&D Support team, you will be responsible for ensuring all designs perform to their design criteria and give production support. The role will require working in project teams feeding back test results, participating in peer design reviews, providing solutions to design and manufacturing issues.
You will be responsible to ensure the implementation and maintenance of test solutions for subcontractors and in house production. The role is very hands on and is ideally suited for someone with good practical electronic knowledge, high level of programming skills and ideally an interest in audio engineering.
We are looking for an engineer who is looking for the opportunity to work in a busy continually evolving design and development environment.
- Validating our analogue and digital hardware solutions for design performance
- Working with our design team to resolve design issues
- Design in house validation test solutions and document results
- Troubleshooting build issues and supporting our production and R&D team
- Performing modifications to prototype assemblies
- Working with sub-contractor manufacturers to develop test solutions and resolve production issues
- A focus on continual improvement of test procedures and our validation process
- Developing, implementing new test methods and techniques
- Analyse test results and implement or communicate possible solutions to the engineering team
- Supporting with obsolescence, design reviews and ensuring designs are suitable for manufacture and test
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate calibre with good Engineering degree with an electronics focus
- Good knowledge of analogue and digital electronic design
- Strong programming skills in languages like C, C#, VB
- Ability to prioritise tasks and logically analyse problems
- Ability to read and understand complex analogue and digital schematic diagrams
- An understanding of audio measurement techniques would be desirable
- An ability to diagnose analogue, digital, audio processing circuitry to component level
- Knowledge of production test methods, JTag ICT and flying probe would be advantageous
- Interest in music, practical audio mixing concepts and industry audio standards would be desirable
- Awareness of EMC and safety standards
- PCB rework, modification and mechanical skills
- A full UK driving licence
- High level of technical competence coupled with strong problem solving skills
- Proactive attitude, highly focused, self-motivated with the capability to work in a team or as an individual with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deal with problems remotely
- The ability to understand complex systems and break them down to the fundamental elements
- Willingness to go the extra mile to ensure we hit production deadlines
- Understanding of design specifications and test strategies
- Knowledge of best test practices and risk analysis would be advantageous
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Your covering letter should highlight the extent to which your skills/experience meets the requirements of the role and your motivation behind applying.
To apply for this position, you must already have the right to work in the UK.