System TThe future of audio production for broadcast
SSL Grade Console I/O
SSL Network I/O interfaces bring renowned SSL audio performance to System T and Dante networks. They can be used as standalone solutions or used with System T to complete powerful facility wide systems. Five different devices offer mic/ line analogue, MADI, AES and SDI embed/de-embed capability wherever it is required. System T Control Interfaces and SSL Dante Control Software offer remote control over SSL mic/line I/O across the network.
There are currently four products available in the SSL Network I/O range:
Superior SSL mic/line preamp technology
There are two models of Network I/O Stagebox: the SB 8.8 (8 mic/line in/out) and the SB i16 (16 mic/line in). Both employ SSL’s patented SuperAnalogue™ circuit design.
No longer constrained by the 64 channels always carried in each MADI connection, mic and line channel counts needed at each location in the studio can be placed closer to the source. Saving significantly on installation cost, I/O can be placed where you need it. With Dante’s endpoint based routing protocol, I/O boxes retain channel names and routing and can easily be moved. The “just in case” or “special event” mic amp in many multiple locations can be replaced by a network connection and floating stagebox. Front panel indication includes, signal present, phantom power and attention LED’s on each channel. Control of the attention flag, which can be from the device front panel, the console or software, easily and quickly identify channels of interest between the studio floor, control room or anywhere with certified network access. GPIO connections on the units allow tallies and switches to be deployed directly in the studio without additional cabling or devices.
- Pristine SSL SuperAnalogue™ sound
- Redundant: PSU and Dante Ports - Full Broadcast Spec Redundancy
- GPIO connectivity - embed tallies across the network
- Redundant Network extension ports - inbuilt network switch
- Clear front panel indication - Signal present, Phantom power, channel attention
- Front facing XLR connections
Standalone Broadcast Specification MADI to IP Audio Network Interface
The Network I/O MADI-Bridge is a broadcast specification bridge between MADI and IP audio network's using Dante. The MADI-Bridge provides seamless connectivity between a Dante network and existing MADI infrastructure, providing a clear migration path where connections are needed between existing studio infrastructure and new projects.
Each bridge provides 64 channels (@ 48kHz), with redundant MADI, Dante network and power supplies.In addition to the inbuilt clock redundancy options in Dante controller, the MADI-Bridge also includes a pair of redundant sync inputs for use as a self-redundant Dante Grand master clock. 32bit MADI control tunnelling allows a pair of MADI-Bridges to be used to pass audio and user bits of a whole MADI stream across a network. Remote locating existing MADI Mics or increasing cost efficiency of an existing fibre cable beyond a single MADI stream is now a simple task. The Bridge also features Bidirectional sample rate conversion between any asynchronous sample rates, from 44.1kHz to 192kHz.
MADI-Bridge features a front panel headphone socket (with rotary level control) and inbuilt headphone monitor routing, to truly replace traditional patch bay confidence routing and fault finding functionality with equivalents in the IP Audio domain. Simple font panel controls facilitate routing mono or stereo paths from MADI In, MADI Out, Dante In or Dante Out directly to the headphones. A front panel LCD screen provides signal present metering selectable to show four points in the signal chain: MADI In, MADI Out, Dante In and Dante Out. GPIO connections allow for transfer of tally info and switching functions across the network with the Audio.
- Interface between MADI and IP Audio Networks using Dante
- Redundant: PSU, MADI ports, Dante Ports, Sync In - Full Broadcast Spec Redundancy
- Bidirectional sample rate conversion between any asynchronous sample rates, from 44.1kHz to 192kHz.
- 32bit MADI control tunnelling
- GPIO connectivity - embed tallies across the network
- Redundant Network extension ports - Local IO at bridge without a switch
- Word Clock out - Clock a MADI device to the Dante Network
- Virtual Headphone Patch- 4 location Monitoring and Signal Present Metering to truly replace your patch bay with a digital network while retaining confidence and fault finding tools
- Lockout Mode - Prevent accidental alteration of front panel settings
SDI embedder/de-embedder bridge to Dante IP Audio Network and MADI
The Network I/O: SDI provides 64 channels of redundant Dante Audio connectivity to video equipment with eight SDI circuits, each capable of Embedding and De-Embedding. Channel by channel internal Audio routing allows you to configure SDI connectivity efficiently based on your Audio usage in the SDI stream. In addition to the Redundant Dante connectivity the unit has triple MADI connectivity, two optical and one coax. As with all Network I/O devices dual powers supplies are standard.
- Interface between Embedded SDI audio, Dante and MADI
- Eight 3G-SDI paths with embedders and de-embedders for 16 audio channels
- Redundant: PSU, MADI ports, Dante Ports = Full Broadcast Spec Redundancy
- 2 x optical and 1 x coax MADI I/O
- Internal channel-by-channel routing for all audio paths
- AES Connectivity
- SRC on the Audio path to and from SDI
AES to Dante and MADI conversion wherever you need it
Network I/O AES provides 32 Pairs of AES3 audio I/O connectivity to redundant Dante network connections. Sample Rate Convertors allow seamless integration of unlocked AES3 sources. As with all Network I/O products redundant PSUs and Dante connections complete the broadcast specification. Additional coax and dual optical MADI connection, along with internal channel by channel routing provide additional format conversion options.