C100 HD PLUSC100 HD PLUS Digital Broadcast Console
Total reliability and ultimate peace of mind
The C100 offers the exceptional level of reliability broadcasters require. All of the C100’s console computer systems are 100% proprietary, so our system is extremely stable, firewalled and 100% virus-proof. The C100 features internal self-testing, error correcting software so conditions which might result in a fault are quickly detected and resolved before they cause problems. The C100 provides extensive SNMP remote diagnostics software, allowing remote, automated console interrogation, significantly streamlining maintenance operations. The C100 system takes redundancy to the next level with capability to run two completely mirrored system set ups each with their own processing and I/O hardware, with a single control surface. Maintenance of a fully mirrored system means that in the unlikely event of a failure, switch over from the main to backup system is almost instant with current project settings intact. In a multi console system switchover can be from one control surface to another.
Resiliency through remote-diagnostic and self-healing software
SSL’s own diagnostic software constantly looks for illegal instructions or values in any part of the code, correcting them before they can cause an avalanche failure. SNMP logging of essential elements of the console also allows potentially harmful conditions to be detected and fixed. In other words, most faults are fixed before they even become a reality.
If a fault cannot be corrected pre-emptively, the software is able to trace any failure down to an individual component on any card, or an individual line of software in roughly one million lines of code. SNMP remote diagnostics also allow engineers to receive warning of faults immediately, as well as allowing long term logging of console status for pre-emptive maintenance. About 10% of the console’s code consists of these watchdog routines and system diagnostics.
The console’s DSP has its own self-healing software, providing fast, fault-tolerant processing recovery: The computer checks the status of each DSP chip every sample period and is able to bypass, restart and re-engage any failed chip in under 200ms. If failures remain unresolved, the operator is given the option of continuing without that chip’s processing or swapping to any available redundant DSP, a process which takes 250ms.
100% proprietary, virus-proof systems
All console hardware and software is designed by SSL: The operating system, application software and hardware computer are proprietary to SSL, providing total protection against viruses, and removing any need for constant security updates and virus-checking, even when moving projects between rooms or facilities.
Extensive audio and control redundancy
In the unlikely event of a failure at any stage in the audio, control or graphics processing within the C100, backup systems are waiting in the wings to take-over:
- The C100 console, Blackrock processor, and routing and IO chassis all have dual redundant PSUs
- Redundant system hard disks come as standard, with the option of a complete redundant processing core
- MADI connections between the Blackrock processor and local IO can easily be configured for redundancy
- Redundant Ethernet connections between the Blackrock processor and the front panel come as standard
- Redundant touchscreen control and graphics cards are present on any console with 24+ faders, with an external mouse and keyboard providing further touchscreen control redundancy
- Multiple Master Channels, and even complete channel bays, all provide redundancy for each other. Individual control surface tiles and bays can be disabled while on air, without affecting the audio, and their operation seamlessly transferred to other tiles/bays